Elliott's Exposure

Elliott's Exposure
a diary and journal of our lives...

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lost Friends and Many Birthdays


A little over a week ago, the phone rang just about the time there was a transition between Dr. Phil and Oprah on television. Another solicitor or someone attempting to research which candidate I'm voting for in this November's presidential race I'm thinking. The voice sounded familiar, it was my friend Sandy. Sandy and I met during Lamaze class during our first pregnancies. She went into labor first and delivered at the end of August, 1983. Sandy always looked "kind of pregnant", maintaining her pretty face and probably still able to wear her jeans up to around 6 months along. I know she wore them out of the hospital in any case. I however delivered twins at 40 weeks and looked like I was carrying around a table with legs under my maternity top. My face somewhat resembled the person I once was, at least my eyes were still brown. Anyway, move forward 25 years if you can imagine my surprise and excitement on the phone. We talked for hours and the time that had passed and the birthdays we had celebrated quickly closed in as if it was yesterday. We find out that we still have a lot in common, our children went to WSU, we both love Cabo San Lucas, Mexican food, and I am so glad I can call her friend after all these years. Mostly, I am grateful she took the time to call. Isn't friendship a great gift.

No comments: