Elliott's Exposure

Elliott's Exposure
a diary and journal of our lives...

Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas

2008 is wearing the same wintery fashion it arrived in.We awoke to 8 inches of snow this morning. School was let out 3 days early, our staff Christmas party was cancelled, and we waited and waiting while everyone else got hit. The weather man said we were in the doughnut hole of the storm. This event extends our winter (non-Christmas) break to almost 3 weeks this year. As I finished up my, opps, Christmas shopping, I added the comment to the store clerk, that I was taking my summer vacation early. Only people who teach school can relate to that sort of comment. Scott keeps the driveway clear as he keeps a cautious eye for kids who sled down the street in front of house. Daily life changes when there is snow. I like the mood, the calm, and peace it brings. Peace to the world is my hope this season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't necessarily enjoy clearing it, but I like to see the accomplishment of it being clear....